[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: some questions about SHTTP

Thus wrote: "Daniel A. Turner"
>I was looking into getting PGP for an application we're working on, so I
>have the full set of information from ViaCrypt.

I'll confess to not having seen it myself, though I've talked to people
who have.

>So it looks like as long as you have lots of them, it'll be $20. I think.
>
>That probably doesn't help a lot...

Exactly.  I don't think there are any WWW clients that are expensive enough
to justify $20 for a security package, particularly when RSA's crypto
stuff can be licensed at a much lower per-unit cost.  Re-implementing
PGP is also an option, but since virtually all of the existing user base
is using versions that aren't OK for commercial use, the degree to which
the market is there is unclear.

Tx
- Marc